Sunday, October 30, 2011

Where to start.....

I am a fiber artist that’s been sewing whimsical storied plush for the last 7 or so years but sewing for 10 years. When I started sewing it was all by hand and mostly pouches with monstas stitched on. I enjoy sewing freely with no planned patterns just me and a pair of fiskars letting loose on a fresh piece of fleece or whatever fabric is calling the scissors names.  In 2006 I was jury-ed into red-ink (Flint) studios where I was challenged to think outside the box as to creating themed soft sculpture. I believe it helped me stay on track with follow through, for there were deadlines that needed to be meet. Red-ink was an awesome collective to be a part of, 24 hour access to a gigantic studio, there was always a few artist no matter what time you pulled up.
These days I am  creating whimsical plush at a new speed,  for I rely heavily on my right hand lady- Dream boat, she is my sewing machine we have spent some late nights together. I also get a lot of help from my cousin Marcy shes the techie of Frankenstitch production she has an etsy  that I will link to my blog the shops called mailbox bliss she makes fantastic digital file greetings and all my etsy facelifts and is the best. I also have a bomb ass photographer Sarah Reed shes a flint local and is a wizard with the camera- I too will link her site on my blog- all of my new photos are done by her, I’m try to step the level of professionalism up a few notches for my big move to PA where my husbands currently been working for 6 month’s…. I am planning on being a stay at home mom with my daughter Olive Mae at that point in my life I will be relying heavily on Frankenstitch as my income. I am concentrating on giving F.P. my all to get it off the ground, its what I love and have always dreamed of it being my full time job!! If you are down for this adventure stay tuned to the blog for future projects, fan photos, future events and other happenings- thanks for reading… hope to talk soon <3 <3 Steph

2 comments:

  1. I love your monsters, I work with upcycled products. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks so much, Caroline- do you have an etsy? I'd love to check it out

    ReplyDelete